Tuesday, May 12, 2009

What I'm Rockin': Polo Ralph Lauren Gardener Slip-On

Photobucket
What up. Haven't been on in a minute, but I'm here, and that's what matters. Now, this entry brings up something I feel like noting. I actually have had some new kicks to post about, I jsut haven't been able to, or felt like it. I had some Adidas and Polo Ralph Lauren Boots to post on, but that was back in January. I may do a review on the boots, the Adidas are all scuffed up on the toe box now, so it's no point in that. So, to the new post.

Well, these came in the mail yesterday, courtesy of Journeys and my mama. I had my eyes on these since word first dropped on them earlier this year. At first, I wanted the green/white colorway, but I settled on the navy plaid colorway instead.

Now, this is a slip on sneaker, and most slip ons are of canvas material. These have the look, but not exactly the feel. I feel that because they are Ralph Lauren, the material quality is a bit better than most canvas skate slip ons. The outersole is rubber, similar to how Chucks feel in the front, and have a skate shoe material along the sides. The front and back of the outersole are what demand the most attention, cleaning wise, because once it gets dirty, it kinda remains there, unless you can clean at the moment they get dirty. Be wary of the sides getting brown with dirt, it's something you can't control, you just have to maintain it by cleaning often, and not wearing them a lot. Now, I haven't had much dirt problems, as I have only wore them once. The toebox demands daily cleaning, because everyone accidently brushes the toe box on stairs while going up, and the toe box is what gets stepped on if someone steps on your sneaker most of the time. The material of the toe box is that of Chucks, and because it is white, daily cleaning is a must.

I am not a major Polo fan. ATM, it seems as if it's the hot thing right now, Polo strap caps, Polo shirts, Polo footwear. I just got a summer job yesterday, so I guess I will buy somemore Polo footwear. The reason is, Polo footwear has a mature look and feel to it. These are not your average slip ons, these are not Vans. These have a bit of finesse to them, and just looking at them gets you thinking about summer. The plaid design and colorway is subtle, yet it stands out somehow. Overall, I give these a 5 out of 5, and recommend that if you are looking to mature in your kick game, Polo Ralph Lauren is the way to go. Peace.

No comments: