Sunday, May 31, 2009

Dress Shoes

So, I'm doing this one on a request from a VG member, bk1998. Basically, he wanted me to do a post on dress shoes, preferably ones that compliment a grey suit. I hope I'm not too late on this one.

What to look for.



  1. Black shoes.

  2. Shoes with laces.

  3. Leather, no shine.

Black is the color that goes with anything. With footwear, it's neutral. Dirt or scuff marks on black shoes are visible more than any other color shoes. Dress shoes with laces are a more mature look to me. Leather without a shiny, glossy look is a good look as well. Now, the brands that I believe make good quality dress shoes are:



  1. Stacy Adams - Very good price, for exceptional quality of shoes. Provides a diverse variety of shoes to choose from.

  2. Polo Ralph Lauren - High priced, but well worth it. I admire the design of the shoes, and possibly the only brand I would wear slip ons from.

  3. Rockport - Prices suit the design. Great for those like me, who don't frequently wear dress shoes.

Examples


Stacy Adams Mens Nova


Photobucket


Okay these have a little old school look to them. If you've read Malcolm X's autobiography, you'll know what I'm talking about when I say that I can envision these being the type of shoes you wear with a zoot suit. Anyway, a great simple choice for a suit of any kind, peep the Stacy Adams Site.

Rockport Peyroux Dress Shoe Mens

Photobucket

The design on these truly prove that no gloss is needed in order for people to be drawn to your footwear. I love the design, and these are an all around great pick for dress footwear.Visit the Rockport site.

So, bk and other readers, there you have it. Any questions/comments/anything, just hit me up. Peace.

1 comment:

MTV said...

Stacy's are definitely classic. But you can't leave off the Madden's. I picked up a couple pair from Champs Sports on sale for the low low.