Monday, June 22, 2009

The Shoe Game Pt. 2

What up, what up! To quote Casey Veggies, I'm "Back for Another One". The school year has finally ended, so that means it's summer, which in turn means I have more time to do posts. This is a continuation to the 'Shoe Game' posts, and this one will center on the subject of brands and styles.

Too many times I see one brand of footwear worn by the majority of people I'm around. For example, a lot of people wear Nike. There's nothing wrong with that, but we've become too comfortable with it. We're all guilty of going to cop some new kicks, and then coming home with another orange box with a swoosh on the lid. I don't know about you, but I feel like that is really boring. Truly, it should feel right to wake up and be like, 'Well, what sneaks am I putting on today?', and actually know that the statement has meaning behind it. Let's stop turning to the shoeboxes stacked against the wall and see nothing but orange. By the end of the summer, I want to be able to look at my shoeboxes and see brands like: Polo Ralph Lauren; ALIFE; Supreme; Creative Recreation; PRADA!

On the real, all my people that's reading this, and know damn well they have nothing but orange boxes in their closet, next time you go out to cop some new kicks, look at a new brand for a change. Give your collection a refreshing new look. Peace.

Note: Nike was just used as a symbol, don't take it to the heart ya'll.

1 comment:

MTV said...

lol, good read. i gotta admit that i am guilty of this. i can't remember the last time i bought a pair of kicks that weren't 1's, J's, timbs or classics.

oh wait, yes i can... i bout some chuck's 3 years ago. lol