Saturday, June 6, 2009

I'm NOT a collector.

So, I was on KarmaLoop, and saw a shirt that said something to the effect of, "10 pairs don't make you a collector." And I was like, "Oh wow, I have less than 10 pairs, so I'm really not a collector!" Note, I thought that in the most sarcastic way possible. I don't even call myself a collector. I'm just like everyone else. This should be like my mission statement post or something. Like, this is what I stand for. The people who just go and buy sneakers when they need them, the people who pay attention to what they wear on their feet, but don't make it their life's business. I am a collector in a sense. I'm a selective collector. I buy what appeals to me. Generally, collectors (I'll refer to them as mainstream collectors) cop whatever the mass population of mainstream collectors are copping. I, on the the other hand have an unique taste that differs from a mainstreamer. So, I believe that the purpose of this post was to establish to myself what I'm doing this blog for, because that shirt really got me thinking. Ha.

No comments: